Welcome to your very own Inn...
Once a traditional old drover's inn, the Tormaukin is an exclusive-use country retreat perfect for special getaways with your nearest and dearest. The house boasts quaint nooks & crannies and elegant lounges, with 10 beautiful ensuite bedrooms that can sleep up to either 14-18 or 20-24 guests. Nestled in Glendevon, an abundance of stunning scenery and walks are right on your doorstop, while the world-famous Gleneagles resort and golf course is less than 15 minutes away.
To make your holiday truly effortless, catering with your very own private chef and waiting service, housekeeping tidies, a 'mini-bar' of preordered drinks or a fully-stocked bar manned by a bartender, can also be arranged for extra charges.
Prices range from 1,000 to 1,500 per night, depending on the season, day of the week, and numbers in your party.
Please call us on 07572 875914 or email: email@example.com to make a booking enquiry
Inside the Tormaukin you will find:
- A cosy animal-themed snug with log burning stove & library, with free Wi-Fi
- Traditional bar befitting an old pub which can be stocked to suit your requirements (please see our drinks list to preorder)
- Grand green, brass & walnut dining room featuring a log-burning stove, and long banquet table which can seat up to 30 people (or 50 at separate tables)
- Ten beautiful individually-styled bedrooms all ensuite, (five king-size beds & five doubles), including a golden bridal boudoir fit for a queen with a roll-top bath
- A kitchenette with all the necessary appliances & crockery for self-catered stays
- Bright & airy garden room, the perfect spot on a sunny day or for a spot of afternoon tea
- Classic 'gentleman's-club' style billiards room with chesterfields by an open-flame fire, a 50-inch TV, antique pool table, darts, chess, draughts, poker & roulette
- Front patio garden area with tables & chairs, and ample free parking for over 20 cars
Brimming with character, each of our 10 bedrooms are individually-decorated, with beamed ceilings, handpicked furniture and home-from-home comforts, including flat-screen televisions and espresso machines. Rest easy and sink into our hypoallergenic duvets & pillows and luxury orthopaedic mattresses, while towels are also provided.
Seven of the bedrooms can be found upstairs in the main house, while the other three are in the adjoining ground-floor 'coach-house' which is dog-friendly. All our bedrooms are en-suite, and contain either double or king-size beds - however, up to four z-beds can be added to the largest rooms to convert them into twins.
The Tormaukin is available for self-catered hire, as it comes with a kitchenette, complete with all the necessary appliances, crockery, plates & cutlery.
But why not let us lighten the load for you, while sampling a variety of classic or imaginative dishes rustled up with local produce? Our very own private chef can prepare any meal of your choice - be it breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner - in a variety of cuisines, from traditional pub grub to Scottish tasting menus, amazing grazing platters and street food bonanzas, to banquets fit for a laird!
We also offer a variety of semi and full Catering Packages so you will be sure to never go hungry!
Everything Else You Need to Know...
- A minimum stay of two nights is required for both self-catered and catered stays.
- Up to four extra z-beds can be added to the largest bedrooms to sleep an extra guest - for £25 per person per night
- The house is open to all ages, and we can provide travel cots upon request. Under 5's can stay for no extra cost.
- It isn’t just your human friends and family that can come visit! We love our canine companions, and wouldn’t be without them, so feel free to bring your dogs too. Up to six dogs are welcome, as three of our bedrooms in the coach-house next to the main house are dog-friendly, as are all downstairs living areas. To cover additional cleaning, the added charge is £25 per dog.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the snug
We prefer if you book direct with us, to guarantee you the best price and to discuss any additional requirements you may have, such as catering or bar options. In the low season, we may have more flexibility on rates and minimum stay. Please enquire for our availability and prices via the form below.
We require a 33% deposit to secure a holiday-let booking, while the remainder should be paid 8 weeks before arrival. All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.